PROCESS OF THE EB-5 PROGRAM
As the below diagram shows, the EB-5 program includes three steps:
- First Step:
Initially, the documents are prepared to be sent to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) along with form I-526. Different documents should be collected depending on whether the investor decides to proceed through the EB-5 regional center or direct investment. The applicant’s application will be sent to the USCIS after the initial procedures.
- Second Step:
Suppose the investor does not reside in the United States when he/she receives USCIS approval. In that case, the person should send the documents along with form DS-260 to the U.S. consulate. The investor may receive a U.S. visa after attending an interview at the consulate. A conditional green card will be issued following the investor’s entry into the United States. If the EB-5 investor already has lawful status in the U.S., then the investor’s documents and form I-485 will be submitted to the USCIS to adjust status. Consequently, a conditional green card will be issued.
- Third Step:
Between 21-24 months of the investor’s entry into the United States, his/her documents and form I-829 are sent to the USCIS to acquire unconditional permanent resident status.
EB-5 Program Investment Process
Have a question about filling out the required forms?
One of our certified attorneys can walk you through the process.
Give us a call at 312-233-100
- Leads to permanent residency, or a green card.
- No requirements for education, experience, or language skills.
- The presence of any family members in the United States is not required.
- The investor doesn’t need to be continuously present in the United States.
- Investors are not required to locate a U.S. employer.
- The possibility of designating a person for the day to day management of the company exists.
- Investors may pay tax and build credit even before residence in the United States.
- Investors may choose any state to live in.
Participation in the EB-5 program necessitates investing a significant amount of capital. Therefore, you would need to have an experienced and committed team’s support by your side. With years of experience in immigration and equipped with the most experienced immigration attorneys, we can be the best companion in helping you receive a U.S. green card through the EB-5 program.