M-1 Student Visa

The “M” visa is for nonacademic or vocational studies. M-1 visa holders for technical and vocational programs are not permitted to work during the course of their studies. The M-1 student visa applicants must have evidence that sufficient funds are immediately available to pay all tuition and living costs for the entire period of intended stay.

M-1: Vocational Student

To qualify for an M-1 visa, the applicant must be enrolled full-time in a vocational or non-academic education program at an approved institution in the US.  An M-1 visa is usually granted for the duration of the course to a maximum of one year and extensions may be granted. An M-1 visa also entitles the holder to engage in practical training or related temporary employment upon completion of their course.

M-2: Family Members of M-1 Visa Holder

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (M-2 visa) to join their spouse or parent in the U.S. An accompanying spouse cannot accept employment or engage in a study without obtaining an appropriate work or student visa, but accompanying children are entitled to attend primary and secondary school in the US.

By seeking our law firm’s services, you are confident that comprehensive services are available to you, services which are tailored for achieving the best results for your application.

Do you receive Law Offices of Kameli & Associates Newswire?

Request Consultation