Fiancé(e) Visa

The fiancé(e) visa is also known as the K-1 nonimmigrant visa. As a resident of the United States, you can apply for a visa to marry your fiancé(s) in the United States.

    • You are a U.S. citizen;
    • You and your fiancé(e) intend to marry one another within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s admission to the United States on a K-1 nonimmigrant visa;
    • You and your fiancé(e) are both legally free to marry (this means you both are legally able to marry in the United States and any previous marriages have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment); and
    • You and your fiancé(e) met each other in person at least once within the 2-year period before you file your petition. You may request a waiver of this in-person meeting requirement if you can show that meeting in person would:
    • Violate strict and long-established customs of your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice; or
  • Result in extreme hardship to you, the U.S. citizen petitioner.
If you meet all the requirements and are eligible for the K-1 nonimmigrant visa, we encourage you to apply for the I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé(e) form. If you have any questions while filling out any of the information, don’t hesitate to call us, one of our experienced attorneys would be happy to help.


Do you receive Law Offices of Kameli & Associates Newswire?

Request Consultation