Law Clerk Position
Law Clerk position in small South Loop law firm with The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates, P.C. located at 1319 S State St., Suite C-2, Chicago, Illinois 60605. (jobsite)
Conduct legal research on immigration and human rights issues, drafting, analysis and client interaction.
Must be able to fluently speak and write Farsi language.
No travel required.
Please send resume and cover letter to Principle, Taher Kameli, via firstname.lastname@example.org
– Provide trial support to the firm’s attorneys in immigration litigation and conflicts affecting human rights issues
– Handle a wide range of human rights matters in relation to immigration law including but not limited to family separation, travel ban, writ of mandamus, employment discrimination
– Research laws, court decisions, documents, opinions, briefs, or other information related to cases before the court
– Conduct legal research on immigration as well as human rights issues, using various sources and legal databases
– Prepare briefs, legal memoranda, or statements of issues involved in cases, including appropriate suggestions or recommendations
– Prepare petitions and motions, or pleadings and determine issues involved or basis for relief
– Drafting legal and factual analyses of immigration claims with the ability to elaborate human rights issues
– Collect and analyze data
– Access immigration database and complete immigration forms
– Interact with law firm’s clients
The Position Requirements
A. Knowledge and Skills:
The required knowledge and skills required for proffered position are advanced knowledge of law and the ability to research using law books, or the reading of statutes and other legal authority.
Graduation with a baccalaureate degree is required as well as completion of one year’s worth of law school.
Must have the ability to fluently speak and write the Farsi (Persian) language.
Will be called upon to translate documents and oral communications between Farsi and English for attorneys’ (and other legal staff’s) communication with clients.
On a daily basis, the Law Clerk will be responsible for assisting the attorney in preparing memorandum, drafting pleadings, researching and communicating with clients and completing various forms for immigration.
The Law Clerk will assist the Attorney in going to court and preparing the Attorney for trial.