The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates Offers DV-2023 Lottery & Green Card Program Assistance
Applicants who are selected in the program (selectees) must meet simple but strict eligibility requirements to qualify for a diversity visa. The Department of State determines selectees through a randomized computer drawing. The Department of State distributes diversity visas among six geographic regions, and no single country may receive more than seven percent of the available DVs in any one year. For DV-2023 Lottery, persons born in the following countries are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China (including Hong Kong SAR), Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and its dependent territories, and Vietnam. Persons born in Macau SAR and Taiwan are eligible.
Registering for the lottery
- Entrants must submit an online form and a digital photo through the official DV lottery website. DV lottery applicants may include a spouse (same-sex or opposite-sex) and children in their entry.
- Only one entry is permitted per person. If there are multiple registrations on behalf of one person, all of them are disqualified.
- Applicants must carefully follow the State Department’s official lottery instructions. Lottery entries and digital photos that do not precisely conform to the instructions will be disqualified.
- For FY DV-2023 Lottery, the principal applicant must enter information from his or her valid international travel passport unless the applicant is stateless, a national of a Communist-controlled country, and unable to obtain a passport from the government of the Communist-controlled country or the beneficiary of an individual waiver approved by the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Secretary of State.
- Once the application is accepted, applicants will receive a confirmation number, which can be used to check the status of their application.
Do you need assistance filing your application for the DV-2023 Lottery?
The Law Offices of Kameli & Associates can help you
Please read below the Agreement
The State Department chooses lottery winners by random computer selection. Results will be published starting May 8, 2023, through September 30, 2023, on the official DV lottery entry status website.
Foreign nationals can learn whether they were selected only by visiting the official DV website and entering their confirmation number. The State Department does not notify entrants by letter, e-mail, fax, or telephone. The official website is the only legitimate source of lottery results.
What is the DV Lottery?
The Diversity Visa Program (DV Lottery) is congressionally mandated and allows up to 55,000 persons from nations that are historically underrepresented in terms of migration to the United States of America to qualify each year for immigrant visas which are also known as Green Cards.
The program is called the “Green Card Lottery” or “dvlottery” because the winners are determined through a random drawing from among the 10–12 million people who enter each year worldwide.
You can enter the U.S. Diversity Visa Lottery for free at www.state.gov or use our service if you need any help with the application process. Law Offices of Kameli & Associates are not affiliated with the U.S. Government or any government agency. Law Offices of Kameli & Associates is a law firm that can assist you in registering for DV-2023 Lottery.
*What are the DV-2023 Lottery photo requirements?
Your photos or digital images must be:
- In color
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn in your photo, except religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Eyeglasses are no longer allowed in new visa photos, except in rare circumstances when eyeglasses cannot be removed for medical reasons; e.g., the applicant has recently had ocular surgery and the eyeglasses are necessary to protect the applicant’s eyes. A medical statement signed by a medical professional/health practitioner must be provided in these cases. If the eyeglasses are accepted for medical reasons:
- The frames of the eyeglasses must not cover the eye(s).
- There must not be a glare on eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
- There must not be shadows or refraction from the eyeglasses that obscure the eye(s).
- If you normally wear a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.